ATEX Vortex A/C Coolers are designed specifically for purged* Electrical enclosures in ATEX Zones 2 and 22 and Temperature Class T4 areas.
The ATEX Vortex A/C incorporates the most up-to-date features into Vortec’s line of highly reliable, cost effective enclosure coolers.
The ATEX Vortex A/C is available in 4 different cooling capacities from 900 to 5,000 BTU/hr. All of Vortec’s Enclosure Coolers keep Electrical and Electronic Enclosures cool, clean and protected and are a low cost alternative to expensive, high maintenance air conditioners; and avoid contamination with dirty, humid air caused by fans.
* Purge system not included with purchase.
- ATEX Certification Ex II 3 GD T4
- Tamb -20°C to 80°C (-4°F to 175°F)
- Small footprint to fit on all enclosures and in confined areas
- Top, side or front (door) mount models available
- Maintain temperature between 27 – 32 deg C
- Supplied with air filter and ducting kit
- Maintains slight pressurization in the enclosure
- Easy to install, takes about 5 minutes
- No wiring required to install
- ATEX Certified for Zones 2 and 22
- Thermostatically controlled to maintain enclosure temperatures within ideal range
- Highly reliable, with full 10 year warranty
- No ambient, dirty or humid air enters the cabinet
- Can be used on all cabinets, even in tight spaces
- Operates in environments up to 80 deg C
- Significantly lower cost, compared to explosion proof Freon air conditioners
- Reduce operating cost with mechanical thermostat turning the unit on only when necessary
- Very quiet, 62 dBA operation, 78% quieter than typical vortex coolers
- Multiple cooling capacities available, to optimize performance and operating cost
- Little maintenance required, as compared to Freon A/C and fans
- Use no refrigerants
- Sleek, modern design